If you are like most coaches, the #1 question on your mind probably is…
“How can I Attract More Coaching Clients?”
The Answer is in Your Lead Management Process
If it’s raining sell umbrellas; if it’s sunny, sell shades (and suntan lotion)… The same applies to coaching: find the person who badly needs a service because it’s “raining” in their life and offer them your “umbrella” – that is, your service.
- How do I find that person with a major challenge, problem, or desire? And…
- How can I connect with this person in a way that she’ll trust me with her hard earned dollars to help solve her problem; help with her challenge; or help her fulfill that strong desire?
Point a) is easy, right? Everybody has problems and desires… And while that’s true, most people do not actively seek a coach to solve their problems; nor are they willing to pay for those services even after they find out about such services. Especially not after only one meeting…
So, suddenly point b) above becomes a crucial point, “How can I connect with ‘this’ person in such a way to get hired as their coach?”
The answer is [again] in your Lead Management Process
- find qualified prospects – people who are actively seeking “umbrellas” (your service or product) and
- who can afford and willing to buy your “umbrella” (your service)
That’s the basics of it, and while it sounds simple, most successful coaches – and sales people in general – have a system in place… or a process. In the sales world they call it…
What is “Lead Generation”?
The Lead Generation (or Lead Management) Process:
Here’s a simplified Lead Management Process you can use to attract your ideal clients, just like the pros do:
(All the suggestions below will produce weak results if you do NOT have a clear niche)
Stage 1: How to Generate and Capture Leads
Stage 2: How to Qualify Your Leads, and
Stage 3: How to Nurture Your Leads
Stage 4: How to Transform Your Leads into Prospects
Stage 5: How to Transform Your Prospects into Life-Long Customers
Stage 1: Generate and capture leads
“Leads” = are individuals who showed slight interest in your services (and/or products, if that’s what you try to sell).
We can generate leads through multiple venues (not in any particular order)
12 Lead Generation Strategies:
- landing page or website with irresistible opt-in offer (the most effective lead genaration method IF your site has “decent” traffic – list your site in the search engines, optimize it properly, send traffic through social media, videos, articles, link exchanges, etc. – see below)
- networking – collect business cards (jot down on back of each card what you talked about); make sure the back of your business card contains your irresistable offer that sends your prospect to your landing page
- live workshops, keynotes, or other types of presentations (teleclasses, webinars, and live events) have the potential to produce the highest quality leads, as it gives people a chance to get to know you and like you AND, if you did a good job, they might already have a strong desire to want “more of you” in the form of a product or coaching.At live events, give out a “cool” form to have everyone share their contact info so you can send them a copy of your PowerPoint and sign them up for the “7 Secrets to ….” eCourse (or whatever bonus you want to offer – the key being to ALWAYS capture your audience’s contact info). Hopefully you pre-qualified them by offering to send them your eCourse, newsletter, video course, etc. valued at $297.00 (always put a value on your offer; after all you put in some hard work to create it and it is a valuable give-away).
- teleclasses and webinars – another super effective leads generation method, ESPECIALLY when you JV with others who have large lists of subscribers/followers. Just like with live events, teleclasses and webinars also have the potential to generate the highest quality leads, especially if you present a series of these events or are part of your lead generation model (articles, videos, eZine, etc. – allowing the prospect to get to know you through different venues).When speaking to audiences OTHER THAN the people on your list, make sure to always provide an irresistable offer, so the participants visit your landing page and share their contact info.
- youTube (and other) videos, with a call to action at the end of the video, directing the viewer to your irresistible opt-in offer. Always start the description of your video with your link to your landing page (or home page or blog that contains an opt-in form), e.g.: http://www.myClientAttractionAcademy.com/guided – 12 of the most effective ways to generate leads and…” This way each video will have a linkback to your site, as well as hopefully many of the video viewers will click on the link and opt in to your offer/s.
- social media “marketing” – post links to your articles, videos, audios, etc. and make sure to have a byline that positions you as the solution provider to your ideal clients problems AND has a link to your irresistible opt-in offer (such as, “E.G. Sebastian is a client-attraction specialist, helping solo professionals connect with their ideal clients. Get FREE access to his $197.00 worth client attraction eCourse at www.myClientAttractionAcademy.com )
- your “circle of influence”
Everyone knows at least a hundred people, and they know about a hundred people… Contact your circle of influence in person, by postcards, email, or other creative ways (see 101 Ways to Get Your Foot in the Door, by Kathleen Gage) and let them know about your services (offer them $100 or more for each referral they send your way AND who stays with you for at leas 2-months of coaching)
- newspaper, magazine, radio, tv advertising
- pay-per-click and FaceBook advertising
- send postcards to local and/or national businesses (buy targeted leads from lead-genration services; or if you are a member of your local Chamber of Commerce, you have access to all the members’ contact info; also you can ask your Chamber of Commerce – whether a member or not – how to find the contact info for the businesses you target; if you target individuals, buying a list of pre-qualified leads might be your best bet)
- Cold Calling – you can buy a list of businesses or individuals who most likely match the description of your ideal client and start dialing… It is probably the toughest lead-generation strategy, but also one of the most effective ones. As my brother used to say “You make 100 calls, you know you’ll sell one or two cars – it’s a numbers game…” We all dislike getting calls with offers, but I know it happened to most of us that we “fell” for some of these offers or we were straight out excited about some of the offers we received through a cold call. So, yes, we might hate it, but it is one of the greatest ways to find and get a discussion started face to face with your ideal client
- Hire a virtual assistant to do a combination of the above lead generation methods. (If you are not sure how to find a reputable virtual assistant, post a note below or contact me through LinkeIn – http://www.LinkedIn.com/in/egSebastian and I’ll send you a list of VAs – if I get contacted by many of you, I’ll create a post on this topic in the near future)
The key is to collect these leads’ contact info and put them through the next stages of the lead generation process:
Stage 2: Qualify Your Leads, and
Stage 3: Nurture Your Leads
Stage 4: Transform Your Leads into Prospects
Stage 5: Transform Your Prospects into Life-Long Customers
In the next posts we’ll explore the next stages of the Lead Generation process.
Till then, start putting together a Lead-Generation plan, put it on your planner (as recurring activities — I recommend Google Calendar so you can access it from anywhere at any time), and start implementing the above tips.
Get more Client Attraction Tips at www.myClientAttractionAcademy.com/guidedtour
Want these posts to go directly in your email inbox?
Sign up below:
(We do no SPAM!)